Sarah joined the world of preschool today and has now finished off our round of first days of school. Elizabeth and Rachel both started school the week before Labor day and are now in their second week of school.
Middle school has been going well for Elizabeth and the adjustment has gone smoothly so far. All of the things worried or stressed over have been conquered successfully. Like lockers, lunch, changing for gym, etc.
Rachel is loving third grade so far and has only 19 students in her class. She came home from school the first day and said she had made a new friend with the girl who sits next to her. If you know Rachel, she makes a new friend everywhere she goes almost instantly.
I wasn't completely sure how preschool was going to go today. I was optimistic, but unsure. Sarah has been wanting to go to school pretty much every day since the girls started. It could not have gone better. Our conversations today about her day have been entertaining and informative. She sang for me and relayed other classmates tears for their mommies to come back. We however, had no tears.
As I dropped her off, I realized that this was the last time I would be doing this for a three year old. However, I wasn't sad. I was excited. I love watching these girls grow, change, and conquer the world. One step at a time.
No comments:
Post a Comment