Friday, June 27, 2008

Grandparents and Fathers

To continue with the activities of June, we had a nice visit with my parents who came for five days. They were able to spend some time with the girls on walks, playing, shopping, and Mom taught Elizabeth how to crochet since she asked earlier this year. Rachel asked to be taught as well, but she spent more time watching than doing. Before Mom left, I gave it a try as well to make sure I remembered how. It turns out I do. So when Elizabeth decides to pick it up again, I can help. I'm not sure I will be as qualified a teacher as Mom however.

We celebrated Father's day the weekend after Mom and Dad left for the next part of their journey. In the past couple weeks John has taken Elizabeth and Rachel on several outings. The biggest was this week when they went to a practice round of the U.S. Women's Open here in the cities. They were fed lunch, given lots of free items, met some of the players, and learned a little about golf.

I know that the girls are very lucky to have him as their dad not only for the cool things he does with them, but for how much he cares for them as well. Sarah goes to him easily these days. She may still prefer mom, but dad does pretty well himself.

This last picture was taken when we went camping at the end of May. As you can see, he certainly has his hands full. Happy Father's Day again to our favorite dad!

2 comments:

Katie said...

What a great picture!!!

Anonymous said...

I think that will be a classic picture!!! I would frame that one.

Hazel