Friday, June 19, 2009

MS 30


Saturday, May 9th was the big day for John, Elizabeth and Rachel's 30 mile ride. And it was cold. As I remember it, we were using the words wind chill. Cloudy, in the 50's and breezy are not the most encouraging for a ride.

They were excited though and had a good time doing it. Elizabeth made the whole ride on her own going the full 30 miles.

My sister Sonya and friend Amy were the co-captains of this year's team and rocked at recruiting members with a total of 53 people riding for 'Pedaling for a Purpose'. As a whole they raised almost $22,000. Thank you to everyone who helped support them in their ride!

I have to make a special note of our college friends June and Jason who brought their amazing bike from South Dakota to ride with the group. They rode over 100 miles that day to, from and through the event!

The generosity and willingness of others to support those with MS is a little overwhelming at times. I am very thankful that my experience with MS so far has been mild to say the least. However, I know that can change.

Unfortunately, next year neither of the girls will be able to ride as the minimum age goes up to 12. I'm going to try and make up the slack by riding myself. I think I need to start training now. :)

I have to say that I am very blessed to have my family and friends. Don't they rock?

No comments: