Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Another Last Day

Today was the last day of school for our 1st and 4th grader. I know they were excited for this year to be over. Relieved in a sense for the break from the schedule and homework.

What I didn't anticipate was Rachel's tears over missing her teacher and friends immediately! She was crying within seconds of entering the house.

Elizabeth's meltdown occurred within 5 minutes of that when she realized she had ballet tonight and would not be able to play 'immediately' with her friend Maddie.

I did manage to take another picture of them similar to last year on the last day. After looking at both pictures, I realize how much they have all grown up! And very grateful that Sarah is so much more cooperative with having her picture taken. I only took 7 this year, last year we must have had 40 or more.

(I also was reminded how badly Elizabeth and Rachel need a haircut! We go in next week!)

Today


Last year

5 comments:

Stephanie and Jamie said...

You gotta love girls.
Drama, drama, drama.

Kerry said...

Are those TEETH I see Rachel's smile showing?!?!? :)

Stephanie and Jamie said...

Your 3 girls are beautiful!
----this post is from Stephanie- Jamie wrote the other one! :0)

jocelyn031708 said...

What a wonderful tradition you are creating and you are right at how much they have grown in the last year.

Congratulations to the 2nd and 6th graders

Renee and Jocelyn

lillian08 said...

B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!!!!
XO,
Jen