Friday, April 4, 2008

New Adventures


Today has been an adventure for Sarah as far as moving. She is enjoying walking along the sofas and coffee tables immensely. Not content to sit and spin in one spot while playing with toys, she decided to scoot on her butt across the room. Once she decided to do it, she proved how fast she could be. Oh, and I almost forgot that she also rolled over continuously to get across the room. Overall, she has provided many reminders of what we need to work on for baby proofing. The girls are going to have the hardest time as they tend to leave things on the floor the most.

As you can see by the photo, Rachel has been very excited about the tooth she is about to lose. I had to document it today before it comes out. Considering how it looks, it may be this weekend. She can't wait to leave it for the tooth fairy!

Overall it has been a considerably less messy day again, and I pray the yogurt continues to balance Sarah out for the rest of the medicine. We recognize daily the spitfire inside this little girl, she has no problem asserting herself. The last two days the battle has been all about food.

The once happy eater has decided she can protest by screaming when you offer something she doesn't want at the time (although she has eaten it before). She can turn it off in a second when the food changes to something sweeter. As soon as the battle is over, she is back to her sweet happy self. It has been a tough time for both of us as she is learning I can be as stubborn as she is. I'm refusing to let her live on sugar alone. Please pray for both of us.

I couldn't post today without mentioning the red tailed hawks. A couple of years ago a pair nested in the trees behind our house, and someone has been moving in for a while now. The girls were so excited to see them in a tree they insisted we take a picture of them. Expect to see further evidence of this family this summer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jonda & family~
I love your blog and you're doing such a great job keeping everyone updated. All the pictures are great too!! I'm happy to read that your family is enjoying your new experiences with Sarah, even when they may not be that fun.
Katie, Jay and I hope to come and visit soon!!
Hazel